Need to transfer your Contacts from one phone to another without any hassles?
All you need to have is just a few minutes of leisure and an internet connection.
For windows 8 and android phones. (For Window version
Nowadays, the only dread that people have in changing their phone is “What to do with the large contact list?”
The situation is exacerbated when they hop from say a windows phone to android or vice-versa. I too have been there, faced this predicament and ended up being frustrated.
Like me, I am sure no one would want or I should say ‘dare’ to go by the evergreen traditional monotonous method of copying contacts one by one from their old phone to new. Who in this expeditious world would have that much of leisure time and extraordinary patience? As I said, no one.
But what if there is a way to avoid all this tedious looking work? Wouldn’t it be awesome!
Yes pals, now there is this perfect app with remarkable results of almost instantaneous contacts transfer – Phone Swappr. This application is available in all the three platforms i.e. Google Play Store, Apple Stores and Window Stores.
What Is Phone Swappr And What Does This App Does?
Phone Swappr is truly a cross platform application which facilitates seamless transfer of contacts between devices, regardless of the platform from where the data is originated. This all happens over the air. All you need is a wireless internet or cellular data connection.
In technical terms it sends your contact data to its cloud space where it stores it for seven days (after which it automatically is deleted). When your data gets stored it generates a code for you. Using that secret code you can copy the data back to your new phone anytime within seven days.
Why Phone Swappr?
An obvious question might come to your mind at this point “why phone swappr?”. Well besides saving your ample amount of precious time, using phone swappr app would provide you with these many advantages as well –
- It provides an easy to use and hassle free interface.
- No logins or no sign ups required.
- No need of computers, Data cables, or any specialized software.
- Your data is deleted within seven days of usage from the cloud.
Now stated below are the few simple steps to transfer your contacts –
Steps to Transfer Contacts:
- Download and Install Phone Swappr from the Google Play Store Or Windows Store on your OLD phone.
- Run the app in your old phone and sync its contacts to the cloud by clicking on ‘Sync Contacts’ option.
- Now the app asks you that whether you want to send your contacts to the cloud or get them from the cloud. Here, you need to select the first option i.e. ‘send contacts to cloud’.
- After you have clicked the first option, a permission message pops up asking the permission to send a copy of your contacts to the app’s secure cloud server for a period of seven days. You need to select ‘Yes’ as the choice.
- Now the app automatically starts synchronizing your phone contacts to its cloud space. It might take a minute or more, depending on the size of your contact list. It shows up like this on your phone-
- After the sync is complete, you will receive a confirming message on your mobile screen affirming you that the upload has been successful. Furthermore, it will provide you with a six digit ‘PIN’ which you are required to note down very carefully. The message would look like this-
- Guess what? Half of your work is been done. Now repeat the steps 1 and 2, but this time with your new phone. That is, download and install ‘Phone Swappr’ in it. Open the app and select ‘Sync Contacts’ option.
- Again the same message will pop up on your screen asking whether you want to send your contacts to the cloud or fetch your contacts from it. This time you need to select the second option i.e. ‘Get Contacts from Cloud’.
- Now a pop up window hops up on the screen asking for the ‘Sync Pin’ you just noted down. All you need to do now is write down that pin in the box provided (Caution – The pin is case sensitive) and the app automatically starts the synchronization process.
GREETINGS – Your contacts are being copied from your old phone to your new handset. This might take some time, a few minutes, maybe five, again depending on the size of your contact list.
Now you may sit back and relax while this simple app transfers all your contact data within a few minutes to your new destination.
Please Note: This app can also be used with iPhone to android contacts transfer. This app has cross platform interoperability, but only supports devices running iOS > 4.0, Android > 2.3.3 & Windows Phone 8.0
For windows phone (other than window 8)
For folks with older version of the operating system in their windows phones, sadly this app isn’t available in the app store. But hey, do not think you will be forced to go with the traditionally long method of one by one transfer. Actually, you needn’t worry either. We have listed two more easy to use methods for you guys.
1. Using Bluetooth – The Windows phone 7.5 operating system (and versions after that) make it easy to transfer contacts from windows phone to windows phone via Bluetooth.
For this, Microsoft provides a pre-installed application ‘Contacts transfer’.
Open Contacts Transfer app of your Windows phone and make sure the Bluetooth of both your phones is ON and discoverable.
Then via Bluetooth you can simply pair both your devices and once linked your contacts will be transferred automatically.
2. By the Method of Synchronization – This is the second method for Contacts transfer from Windows phone to Android. For using this method you need to have both Microsoft live Hotmail account (which you would obviously be having as you are using a windows phone) and a Gmail account for Android.
Sync your windows phone with your Hotmail account. By doing so you are also synchronizing all your phone contacts to that account. And now as you have all your contacts synchronized with the account, follow these simple steps-
- Sign in to your Windows Live (Hotmail) account in your P.C.
- Now you will arrive to your Home Screen Window. On the top left corner of that window screen, besides the “Outlook.com” button you will be find this sign. Click on this option and click on ‘People’ in the drop down menu that comes.
- In People page click the option ‘Manage’ and then from the drop down menu select ‘Export for Outlook.com and other services’ as shown in the image below.
- Now save the exported contacts in your P.C to your desired location. You will be provided with an option to save your contacts by a pop up window displayed on your screen. You can see it in the image attached-
The file would be saved in ‘.csv’ format as ‘OutlookContacts.csv’.
- After saving the file you may close your Live Hotmail account and sign in to your Google account through your computer.
- Again on the top left corner (below the word Google is written), hit the ‘Gmail’ button. A drop down menu appears on that corner of the screen. Select the option of ‘Contacts’ from that menu.
- At near the center of this page you’ll see an option written as ‘More’. Click on this option and in the drop down menu select ‘Import’.
- Now after you hit the import button, the Google would need to know from where it needs to import the contacts. A Small window pop up will appear on your screen asking you to select a CSV or VCard file to upload. Select the ‘Browse’ button and give the location of the ‘OutlookContacts.csv’ file you saved in your P.C in the previous steps and ‘Open’ it.
- Now finally press the ‘Import’ button and just sit back. Google won’t take long to import all your contacts to your Gmail account.
After this you may close your computer and synchronize your Android phone with your Google account. As soon as you sync your phone with this account, all the contacts are automatically transferred to your phone.
And you are done here! This is how you can copy all your contact data from your old Windows phone to your new Android phone just in a few minutes.
Few more interesting posts:
Hope you find this article helpful. If yes, then please do share. Your comments are deeply appreciated. Furthermore, while reading this article if you are thwarted by something or anything you couldn’t get, feel free to ask below.