Switching from blackberry to Android phone seems to be an easy step. But, the major trouble comes when you have to transfer the contacts from blackberry to your new android device. This is because most of the contacts formats supported by the blackberry are not readily acceptable by the android devices, mainly if you are working on an older android version. So, how to transfer the contacts without any technical hindrance, from blackberry to android device? Here are two major ways of doing this. Let’s see them one by one.
2 Methods to transfer Contacts from Blackberry to Android
- Using Google Sync
This is the step using which you do not need about incompatibility about the contacts on both platforms. Just follow the simple steps and you are done.
[Note – Both devices must have Google Sync app install and working fluently.]
- In your blackberry device, launch the Google Sync app by tapping on its icon from the main menu. If your device does not have Google sync, download and install it from Google Sync.
- Log in to your Google account by entering a username and password. Once logged in, you will get an option to sync your contact to your Google account. Once done, move to the next step.
- Now, open the Google Sync in the new Android device to which you want to copy the contacts. As soon as you will login to the Google account, the Google Sync app will automatically sync the contacts from your account.
Congratulation! Your contacts have been copied from blackberry to android device.
If you have latest blackberry version and want to switch to the newer android versions, there is possibility that both of your devices will support the contact formats. Hence, it will be better to transfer them directly using the Bluetooth protocol.
- Switch on the Bluetooth on the devices, both, android and blackberry. For an android, go to Menu -> Settings -> Wireless And Networks -> Bluetooth Settings, here you can switch the Bluetooth on. For blackberry, go to the option button in the menu and switch on the Bluetooth. (You may find this under Network and connections in most of the devices)
- Make both device visible and search for the active devices. Both the device will detect each other if they are in the specified range of the Bluetooth protocol. Add the device once they are detected. Pair both devices.
- On Blackberry device, go to the List of Paired Device and choose the apt Android Device.
- Click on the option button which is often designed in the blackberry sign shape. Choose ‘Transfer contacts’ from the next submenu. Let’s the data be transferred. Once done, your contacts will be copied to android device.
- You are done!
The above two methods are proven to work under the specified conditions. In case of incompatibility of the format, just choose the first method to transfer blackberry contacts to android using Google Sync features. If both the devices have compatible with each other’s format of the contact list, the direct transfer of contact list can be made using the Bluetooth protocol.
If you find this process to Transfer contacts from Blackberry to Android useful, Do share it with your friends.