Gmail, the mail service provided by tech giant Google is a common and one of the efficient personal mail service in today’s web arena. Mighty Google serves it for free. User friendly interface, easy and fast navigation and Google support made it so popular.
A common and most frequently asked question arrived from the Gmail users, all over the world, is “How to transfer contacts from one Gmail account to another Gmail account?”.
Mighty Google has made it easy for its users. You just have to follow these simple steps to pull all the contacts from the older Gmail account. There is an exceptionally simple export import facility in Google.
We are referring older Gmail account for that account from which you want to import the contact and new Gmail account where you want to pull all the contact for better understanding.
- Log In/ Sign In to the older Gmail account: At first, you have to get into your older Gmail account. Once you get in you can see “Gmail” written in red colour on the upper left side and there is an indication of dropdown menu.
- Click on that red coloured “Gmail”, then you can see a drop down menu appears with two options- contacts and tasks.
- Once you get it, click on the Contacts button as you want to deal with your contacts. Then you can see the following page will appear where you can see your all contacts.
You can select the contacts you want to transfer by ticking out the rectangular box on the left side of each contact to your new Gmail account; you can select all by selecting all contacts.
- If you want to transfer selected contact, then click on the rectangular box on the left side of each contact.
- If you want to select all of your contact, then click “All”, as mentioned. If you select the “starred” option, it will only transfer your starred/ most important (with whom you exchanged mails a lot). If you select the last option- “Unstarred”, it will transfer only non important contact (with whom you rarely exchanged mail).
- After that, click on the “More” button just top of your contact list. You can see a dropdown menu. Then, click on the “Export” button there, in order to export your selected/ all contacts. If you select “Find and merge” button, then Google will merge your duplicate contact ie; If here is anyone with single name and more than one mail address in your contact, It will be treated as a single contact, and all the mail address will be shown under that single name.
- Once you are done, a pop up window will appear. There you can select the format in which you want to export the contact file. Here, we are telling you how to export it to another Gmail account, so you have to go with the first option. If you want to export your contact to other mail services like- outlook, then you have to choose the second options.
- Just select the format and click on the “Export” button. And the contact list will be saved in your machine (it should be on your “Downloads” folder) in no time as a .csv file. Just open it and get access to all your contacts at once.
- Log In/ Sign In to your new Gmail account: Now, sign in to your new Gmail account
Follow the similar set of task. Directly come on the task by clicking on red coloured “Gmail” button and then “Contact” in the drop down menu.
It’s time to import the contact list.
- Now click on the “More” button, on the top of your contact list. There you can see the “Import” button. Click on that.
- Now, a pop up window will appear, that will seek you to choose the file from your desktop or download folder to upload the contact list.
- Once upload task finished, all the contacts of your older Gmail, will be available on your new Gmail account
Congratulations: You have successfully transferred contacts from one Gmail account to another Gmail account.
We’ve prepared this tutorial to help such people who are looking for moving contacts from one Gmail account to the other. The steps are easy enough to understand, but still you may ask any questions whatsoever in the comments box below if you stuck in between. We’ll be more than happy to help you out