Taking backup of your important files from time to time is the only option than can save your files from hardware failure, file crash or any other unexpected computer failures. If your files are gone, it means that they are gone and you can’t get them back unless you made a backup of your files. There are various kind of backups like taking file backup and taking OS backup. So, in order to save your files from these unexpected computer failures, making a backup would be the best solution. You can make backup of your hard drive in internal or some external storage device.
Please note that copying files from one drive to other and making backup using software, both are different things. You can learn more about this here.
In this article, I will be sharing top 3 free backup software for windows. I have tried a lot of free backup software but I found these 3 to be the best as they outperformed in the crowd. So, let us start.
AOMEI Backupper Standard is all-in-one backup and recovery software which is easiest and faster for users. This is available for Windows XP, 7 and 8. The best thing about this app is that it has a really simple and awesome interface. To make a backup with AOMEI Backupper Standard 2.8 as you just have to choose the drive for which you want to make the back up and hit enter. It has Cloning features which includes Clone Disk and Clone Partition. You can make a complete backup of a drive using cloning feature. Through this, you can make backup of a complete drive in few clicks.
- You can backup your entire hard disk.
- It has incremental backup option for extra speed.
- You can schedule backups.
- You can also encrypt or compress your backups.
- We found no cons for this software as this performed good.
Todo Backup Free is free backup software to back up your system and important files. Todo backup freeware supports Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista and XP. The free version has some limitations but it is still enough for personal needs. This program can make both image and file-based backups. You can make a backup manually or you can schedule them. With Todo Backup free, you can make full or incremental backups.
- It has an efficient system for backup & recovery i.e. no need to reinstall OS or applications to get everything back.
- Supports all Windows version.
- There are tools in the software that can make backup of drivers.
- You can schedule to make a backup i.e. you can automate the process of making backup.
- It quickly restores your files and folders from a single image.
- You can’t encrypt or compress your backups.
FBackup is a fully free file backup tool, free for both personal and commercial use. There are a number of features that you don’t get to see in other free backup software. This software has a really simple interface. Even a first time user can easily make a backup. Once you have selected what you want to backup, you can start the backup process by manually clicking the Backup button or simply pressing F6 button from your keyboard. The best thing about this software is that it provides you a lot of features which you don’t get to see in the free version of other backup software. This software supports Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.
- You can easily make the back up of data from local drives and USB connected drives also.
- It creates backup in the form of standard zip files when you make a full backup or when you use mirror backup it make exact copies of the original files without any compression. Using Mirror backup speeds up the restoring process but it doesn’t compress your files.
- Compression of this software is not so good.
- The scheduler of this software is also basic than you will get to see in other free backup software.
Comparison of the above three
Without any doubt I would recommend AOMEI Backupper Standard 2.8 seeing its overall features but it lacks a very important feature i.e. scheduling your backup. So, if you are more concerned about your data and want to automate your backups, then, Todo Backup Free would be a good choice as it has a good scheduler.
If you are concerned with the interface and want to use software which will be easy to use, then the Fbackup will be a good choice. It has the simplest interface when compared to other software. Also, it has almost all the important features of the above two.
NOTE: – I have mentioned all the important features about the above three software. To decide which one suits you, you should look for the features which you want and use that particular free backup software.
So, guys, this was all about the top 3 backup software for windows. If you found this article useful, then don’t forget to share this article with your friends.