Social Media is blooming, and it has become the fastest means of getting news and updates instantly. It’s clear that a major part of the urban population of every country spends their time on social sites. So promoting business on social media can be very beneficial and lucrative.
Whether you are a blogger or a business owner, posting about your products, services, launches, events, etc. help you connect with the audience closely which is quite good for a business.
As the number of social media websites is increasing significantly in recent years, you need certain tools to keep up the momentum of your social activity. There are tools available online from where you can publish updates on all of your social profiles from a single dashboard. You can schedule tweets and status updates to automate the posting.
If you start using every social site one by one, then you will end up spending the whole day in it this must be very unproductive for you. The tools can do the same task within few minutes with lesser efforts. I have been using few good social media tools to improve my performance on social media websites.
Here are the top must have social media tools for any smart marketer.
IFTTT stands for If this then that. This tool is a little different from other social media tools. It offers you to manage your one social profile in accordance with other. It allows you to create the recipe of your choice.
If there is a new follower to be mentioned in twitter account, then IFTTT will send an email to mentioned email address. This way you can create a recipe and IFTTT will work accordingly. Here are wonderful IFTTT recipes for social media management by buffer blog and content marketing by CMI.
- You can create almost any recipe to let the internet work for you. From switching on your bedroom AC while you are still parking your car to sending one social media update across all your channels, it does everything.
- You can create your own recipes and even copy the recipes created by others.
IFTTT lets you automate everything and this very feature is its main drawback. Using IFTTT to lessen our work is good but if we automate everything, we will soon lose our credibility online.
People love to relate to humans and not automated social media updates. Using IFTTT too much can put your brand voice to extinguish.
Social mention is like a search engine that works in real time. You can put your brand name over there and get updates about where all your brand name is being mentioned. The results are fetched from blogs, social sites, micro-blogging, comments, news videos, etc.
Social mention is a must use if you want to monitor your brand buzz and how people are talking about your blog.
TOP FEATURES OF SOCIAL MENTION:
- Social mention lets you monitor real time usage of any brand keyword. It’s a good feature for social media managers to study how people are responding to their brand as well for competitor analysis.
- It has many filterable options like the sentiments in which the mention is taking place. This will help brands to know how their products are being received online.
- It also has other filters like top users creating a buzz about the keyword. This will help you to directly contact the users and either thank them for their good shout out or try to solve their resentment if any.
Practically social mention is a tool that does its job well. We could not find any fault during our testing.
This is the most popular brand in its category. It helps you manage all your social profiles from a single place. This works like a social media dashboard from where you can schedule the posts, and it automatically keep posting at the said time. There are free and paid subscriptions available.
If you are dealing with a number of social media accounts, then this tool is the right choice. Learn to use Hootsuite for better content marketing performance. ( seems you missed giving link)
TOP FEATURES OF HOOTSUITE
- Manage and schedule multiple social accounts.
- Auto-schedule statuses to be posted at the best time for maximum performance.
- Perform Facebook ads directly from the app.
It is costly for power users.
This tool is designed to maximize your twitter potential. Now it is acquired by Twitter itself. You can add as many twitter accounts in it and schedule the tweets. As complementary, you can also manage your Facebook and LinkedIn accounts using Tweetdeck.
TOP FEATURES OF TWEETDECK:
- Tweetdeck allows sharing of accounts which mean group management of social accounts.
- It helps upload of four images per tweet which can play inline.
- Cost for usage is high.
- Mac version is still limited in features.
Twitterfeed is one my most favourite tools. I just need to feed the RSS of my blog there and set outgoing accounts of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Whenever there is a new article published on the blog, it will go to twitterfeed through RSS feed and then that will be posted on the social accounts. A simple way to automate the process!
TOP FEATURES OF TWITTERFEED:
- Auto-publish blog updates to leading social channels
- Tracking of feed for performance.
It has limited features. You can do the same with hootsuite or buffer too.
Buffer is one of the most popular tools available online. Both basic and premium versions are there so that you can first use the basic plan, and if you like it, you can upgrade to premium.
It also helps you schedule your posts to be published on your various social profiles.
You can compare which of the published posts performed well by looking at the stats provided by buffer. Buffer now includes Pinterest scheduling too which is quite handy if you focus on that social media platform.
- Schedule Pinterest pins (NEW)
- Advanced analytics.
Free version is limited. Hootsuite has better options in free version.
Socialflow is an awesome social media tool that provides social media marketers with optimized data post on their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
It measures all the data of user’s Facebook and Twitter and analyse the timing at which user’s friends and followers are most active and engaging. And based on this analysis, it keeps sending the posts in real time for maximum reach and engagement. Many big brands are using this awesome tool to get the maximum ROI.
TOP FEATURES OF SOCIALFLOW
- The best social analytics and prediction of time for maximum reach.
- Segment users based on real time data, thus allowing in segmented targeting for maximum response.
Though anyone can use it, they are targeted and recommended for bigger brands.
Tweepi is an awesome social media management tool that helps you manage your twitter account effectively. It provides follow function that helps you increase your followers. It helps you know that the people you follow are following you or not. This helps you clean up your profile by removing unwanted profiles, and it also make your profile active and productive.
TOP FEATURES OF TWEEPI
- Manage, follow and unfollow users by large numbers simultaneously.
- Force undesirable and nasty people to unfollow you on twitter.
It is limited only to twitter.
Sprout Social is a social media management tool that combines the strength of social media publishing, social media aggregation, team management and analytics.
You can publish your posts directly to FB, Twitter and linkedin profiles from its dashboard.
It provides you the ability to check your FB newsfeed, Twitter updates, etc. at one place and minimizes your efforts.
With its analytics, you can analyse how your posts are doing as it gives you every detail. It helps you decide that what will be beneficial for further postings.
TOP FEATURES OF SPROUT SOCIAL
- Increase engagement by finding opportunity to join conversations in social media.
- Publish content to all leading social profiles.
Not many cons as far as you are okay with the pricing.
Bitly is free social media tool that lets you analyse your efforts. You share your links on social media sites every day but do you try to get the details as how many times that particular link was clicked?
Start using Bitly and shortened the links using it and then do share everywhere.
This tool will give details of the link as how many times it was clicked.
It also gives you a graphical representation of the details of that number of clicks that your links were subjected to, the location at which the links were clicked and the number of referrers for the links.
Bit.ly is a recommended tool if you are focusing on social channels like Twitter as it saves you the character count and gives you tweet estate to speak volumes about your recent post.
Moreover you can use Bit.ly to set up your own custom short domain to take your branding a step further.Here is a guide to do that.
TOP FEATURES OF BITLY:
- Advanced tracking of links for usage statistics.
- Grouping of links to better manage similar links.
Sometimes it appears spammy.
Social media tools are now the need of every social marketer because they reduce efforts and improve ROI.
Just doing hard work is not enough; you should be smart enough to work hard in productive way. Thus start using your favourite social media management tools to perform even better.