The advent of Android phones and iOS devices has brought a boost in the passion for selfies for people of today’s era. With this, the need of selfie-sticks also has emerged to a great extent. Here we are going to see ten different selfie-sticks offered by different companies that we can compare to bring out the best.
- Flexion Ultra Compact
This brand is one of my favourites owing to its quality. Flexion Ultra Compact, Model XN-821, weighing 3.2 ounces, is best known for its super quality. It has compatibility with most phones including Android 3.0 and its higher versions, and iPhones.
- You don’t need any installation or any special application to use it. All you need to do is just mount your phone on the device and pair it with your its Bluetooth device, and it is done.
- You can enjoy taking selfies from different angles as the holder is adjustable upto 270 degrees.
- The device can be extended upto 31.5 inches, letting your phone-camera cover a longer distance.
- Since it works when connected to Bluetooth, it won’t work for devices that are not Bluetooth-enabled.
- Minimum length is 7.2 inches. Hence, it might not fit in your purse or kit.
- It won’t work without batteries.
- Dealgadgets supreme
The model DU-022 offered by this brand is available in various colors. It weighs around 2.4 ounces. It works fine with Apple devices, Samsung phones and Android 4.0 and its upper versions.
- Neither an external power source nor installation needed. All you need to do is connect your phone, plug in the jack, and take selfies.
- The length when stored is 13.6 cm, and can thus be stored in a simple bag or purse.
- It is extendible upto as much as 69.5 cm.
- The phone mount is adjustable upto 270 degrees.
- It isn’t wireless and has a jack followed by a thin, coiled wire. It won’t work in case the jack is not connected properly or the wire is accidentally broken.
- Cyclone Pro Black
The model SW-CYCLONEUSA-BLK offered by Cyclone brand is yet another popular selfie stick. Unlike the previous one, it comes in just one color, i.e., black. It weighs around 4.5 ounces.
- You need not use wire as it works with Bluetooth.
- It not just helps you click photos, but also operate flash.
- It is extendible upto 81 centimeters, thus, letting you cover a very large view in your phone’s camera.
- It comes with a silicon-padded mount that protects any phone upto 3.5 inches wide from scratches.
- May not work with devices that do not have Bluetooth or USB port.
- It needs batteries in order to run.
- Fugitek FT-568 Professional
This product is a bit different from the previous ones as it comes with a dual phone mount- something we haven’t come across so far. It comes with many more exciting features. Let us have a look.
- You do not need wires to connect the device with your phone. It works with Bluetooth. The best part is, here you are supplied with a Bluetooth remote control which lets you a more convenient click.
- It is specially designed in such a way that it suits your phone as well as your digital camera. For this purpose it comes with two different mounts- one with an extendible 4.2-inch lock, for your mobile phone, and the other with a mirror for your HD camera.
- Can be extended upto 49 inches.
- Rechargeable battery takes just one hour to be fully charged, and can last as much as 300 hours on stand-by.
- Supports all iPhones, smartphones and DSLR cameras.
- Won’t take the click if the remote is not placed properly.
- May stop working anytime if the battery is not charged properly.
- Tair Monopod
If you are looking for a simple selfie stick for home use or family outings, Tair Monopod, Model no. 4070722 one is for you.
- You don’t have to worry about external source of power. Just connect it with your phone using the headphone jack, and it is done. The jack is capable to fit in any phone that has width less than 5.5 inches.
- The phone mount, again, is adjustable upto 270 degrees.
- The expandable stick is made of pure aluminium so you do not have to worry about rusting.
- The handle comes with a hand strap that prevents the device from falling down in case it slips from your hand.
- It won’t work if the wire is damaged or it somehow doesn’t fit into your phone’s headphone slot.
- Enther Monopod
The model ET-LW1120 offered by the brand Enther is yet another simple, yet reliable product for clicking awesome selfies in a smartphone. The product is suitable for most iOS and Android devices.
- It comes with a specially designed U-shaped silicon clamp that guarantees a cent percent stability and safety to the device.
- It comes with a built-in Bluetooth remote control to help take clicks with greater convenience.
- Supplied with a hand-strap to add an extra layer of safety to the device, especially while the clicks are taken.
- Expandable upto as much as 31.5 inches.
- Won’t work with devices that are not Bluetooth enabled, or if the Bluetooth device isn’t paired properly.
- The storing length being 7.4 inches, the device may not fit in your purse or kit.
- The overall weight being 6.4 ounces, the device is weighty when compared to most other similar products.
- Spigen New Generation
Model SGP11721 offered by Spigen is yet another awesome product aiming to make your experience of clicking selfies a great one. The product is compatible with Nexus 5x/Nexus 6P/ iPhone SE/6S/6S Plus/6/6 Plus/5S, Galaxy S7/Galaxy S7 Edge/ LG G5 and many other Apple and Android devices.
- Non-slip grip and hand strap prevents the product from falling down while you take selfies.
- Rubber-lined phone mount provides softness to the phone and also protects it from scratches.
- Wireless product. You can connect it with your phone via bluetooth.
- Phone-holder adjustable upto 270 degrees.
- Won’t work with devices that are not Bluetooth enabled.
- Storing length being 7.3 inches, the product may not fit into your purse or kit.
- Weighing 10.6 ounces, the product is weighty compared to most products of similar domain.
- Kollea KS-08
With this, we come across another superb device that comes with cool features to help us get a first class selfie with our dear ones. The device is compatible with most Android and iOS phones and supports Gopro as well.
- Comes with an LED flashlight to get clear pictures even when there is no light around.
- Presence of reflective mirror for image preview.
- Expandable upto 34.6 inches.
- Package includes hand-strap and pouch
- Flashlight may suddenly get dim while taking clicks in case it isn’t properly charged.
- Stalion Monopod
Model SS-SLFY-WRD-BLK offered by Stalion is another good product suitable for almost all iOS, Android and Windows phones including HTC one, Google Nexus, Nokia Lumia, Galaxy Note 5, S6, S6 Edge+, S7, S7 Edge, iPhone 6s, 6s plus, etc.
- Phone clamp rotatable upto 270 degrees.
- No batteries or charging required.
- Supports devices upto 17 oz.
- Stretchable upto 32.3 inches.
- Presence of two-year warranty.
- Works with wire. Won’t work if the wire is damaged or is unable to connect with the earphone jack.
- Arrela Hornbill
Arrela-WL-2266 Hornbill is a product that is different from the rest owing to its unique design and phone-mount. It is compatible for most smartphones, iPhones and even iPad mini 4; 3; 2.
- Specially designed mount with buckle made of rubber over hard plastic provides immense safety to your phone.
- Works with remote control shutter connected via Bluetooth (version 3.0).
- Expandable upto 23.62 inches.
- Ideal for any device that is 3.5 inches to 5.5 inches in width.
- Remote battery needs to be replaced time to time.
- Remote shutter won’t work with devices that aren’t Bluetooth enabled.