If you are looking for a 16-GB SD card with class-10 digital-speed for your camera, you must be wondering which would be giving you the best experience of photography or videography, while on the other hand, is available at the most affordable price.
Well, here I have handpicked for you ten such SD cards of different brands to help you compare and sort out the best one for yourself. Here, we have classified the cards into two types- the ones that contain UHS-1 supported bus, and the ones that do not contain the same. We shall begin with the former as they share the major part of the list.
The first eight cards contain UHS-1 supported bus and are recommended for UHS-1 supported devices like Sony ILCA77M2, Canon EOS Rebel T6s and Nikon D810 and many more.
Sandisk has been one of the most common brands when talked about gadgets like memory cards and pendrives. Well, if you are looking for one of the versatile products offered by this brand, you can always opt for this one.
Being Twice as fast as ordinary S DHC and SDXC cards, SanDisk Ultra UHS-I memory card, bearing model SDSDUNC-016G-GN6IN helps you get faster downloads, high capacity storage, and great performance.
- This card is a great choice especially for compact to mid-range point-and-shoot cameras like Canon G 9X, Fujifilm X30 and Sony Cybershot RX100. With a read speed of upto 80 MB/s, it proves a good companion to those who have passion for photography.
- This device also is resistant to water, shock, temperature, x-ray and strong magnetic fields.
- It also comes with a warranty of ten years.
- It doesn’t give a good writing speed.
Transcend is another popular brand known for cards and pendrives. SDHC card, model TS16GSDU1PE, offered by this brand proves itself the best of all, owing to its awesome features, the best part of it being its ability to store 4K HD videos. My friend has been using this card in his Fujifilm camera and it works superb. Cards of this model range from 8 GB to 64 GB memory. Here, however, we are going to discuss the one with 16 GB memory.
- Comes with a unique code that fixes the transfer-errors and you don’t have to worry about the errors that take place while transferring files from your card to other devices.
- With a read speed of upto 60 MBps, it helps in smooth photo capture and high-definition video recording.
- Supports upto approximately 7 hours of HD video recording.
- Though it works for any HD Camera, it is specially recommended for devices that are capable of recording 4K videos.
As we all know, Toshiba is an immensely popular brand known for its versatile electronic gadgets. Toshiba SD HC memory card, model PFS016U-2DCK, comes with features that make the model superior over other similar products in terms of quality. Let us have a quick look on its merits and demerits.
- Works with many types of devices. You can not just use it to shoot HD pictures and videos, but can also use it in your MP3 player for a good round of your favourite songs (in case it supports HD cards of dimensions 1.2 x 0.8 x 0.1 inches).
- When you record or copy any data to this device, you won’t have to fear about the errors that cause data over-writes. The device comes with a specially designed in-built switch that prevents the same.
- Comes with a limited warranty of five years.
- Read speed doesn’t exceed 40 MBps. It is too less when compared to similar other devices.
- Doesn’t work with certain cameras. A friend of mine tried it with his Nikon D3200 camera but it left him disappointed. Another friend tried it with his Canon D70, and it worked perfectly.
PNY Elite, model P-SDH16U1H-GE, also is a product known for its performance.
Let us have a look at its merits and demerits .
- Can be used with almost any camcorder or HD camera without hassle as it has a read speed of 90 MBps. The product is designed to store over 4000, 14 megapixel pictures and over 200 minutes of HD videos
- You need not worry about the device in almost any condition, as the device is resistant to shock, water, harsh climatic conditions and strong magnetic fields.
- Lifetime limited warranty adds an extra layer of security to the product.
- According to customer reviews, some products are said to have stopped working suddenly after a few clicks were taken.
- After several uses, the quality of the product is said to decrease to an extent such that the stored files suddenly get deleted.
Model SD10VG2, offered by Kingston Technology, is yet another popular SD card that comes with a FAT-32 file format. It is an updated and refined version of the model SD10V. Let us have a look at what it has to offer.
- The advanced version is capable of recording 1080p HD video and even 3D video.
- Though it is recommended for UHS-1 cameras, it works pretty fine also with devices that do not come with UHS-1 interface.
- The device is resistant to water, shock, vibration and x-ray. It can stay unharmed to temperature ranging from -25°C to 85°C.
- Read speed is 90 MB/s and write speed is 45 MB/s.
- This product also is secured with warranty that lasts a lifetime.
Here we are discussing about the updated version of SONY SBHCSF16UY2/TQ memory cards. Unlike the older version, this new product proves higher efficiency and better performance for its users.
- With a read speed of around 70 MB/s, this device also goes at par with those devices that intend to make your experience of photography or shooting videos a special one, be it with a DSLR camera or an HD Camcorder.
- Far more durable as it also is one of those gadgets that are resistant to water and temperature.
- Just like Sandisk, this device also is supplied with software that helps create backup of the saved data so that you can recover the photos and videos that have accidentally been deleted.
- Storage capacity includes over 2000, 18 megapixel photos, and upto more than six hours of high-definition videos.
- The device has compatibility with almost all SDHC or SDXC hardware devices.
- Warranty limited to single year only.
Buy Now card
Lexar is another great brand to be trusted upon. Lexar Professional 633x 16GB SDHC UHS-1/U1 memory card, model number LSD16GCBNL633, is going to prove an awesome partner of your DSLR camera or cam-corder. A friend of mine uses it in his Nikon D810 camera and he is super-satisfied with its performance. Well, the best part is- this also is one of those few devices that support 4K videos. Let us have a deeper look.
- Upto 95 MB/s of read-speed, which is among the highest levels in this matter.
- Available with image-rescue software which helps you recover the accidentally deleted or lost content.
- The device is versatile and can record videos upto 1080p, 4K videos and 3D videos. If you own a camera/ camcorder with such versatile features, this card would be ideal for the same.
Verbatim 96808 Premium memory card has been one of the ideal choices of those who generally love to click photos or capture videos on small and big occasions. Let us look at its merits and demerits.
- You can shoot full HD video upto 1080 pixels using any point-and-shoot or mid-range cameras.
- It has an awesome storage capacity of above 5000, 10 megapixel photos and upto as long as 6 hours of videos.
- Being resistant to water, shock and temperature, the device is able to survive critical conditions.
- This device also comes with a limited warranty that lasts a lifetime.
- Reading speed doesn’t exceed 45 MB/s.
The devices we are going to see right now, do not have UHS-1 bus. They may not function properly in cameras that support the same. They would still prove to be a good companion to most cameras as well as camcorders.
Emtec SDHC Memory card, Model EKMSD16G150XHC, is one of the latest gifts by Emtec brand. The unique thing with this model is that apart from capturing HD images/ videos, it is generally used for many other purposes as well- such as storing documents or music, etc.
- Supported with any digital camera or camcorder for high- definition photographs as well as videos.
- Weighing just about 0.2 ounces, it is one of the most light-weight products of this genre.
- Apart from cameras it can be used with many other electronic devices for different uses. One of my acquaintances uses it in his printer.
- Secured with warranty upto 24 months.
- Reading speed limited to 25 MB/s and write speed limited to 15 MB/s.
Last but not the least, the model SR16GSDC10 offered by strontium proves to be another high-performance memory card for your DSLR camera/ camcorder. This product also comes with a FAT-32 file format. This device, however, is almost similar to the previous one in many aspects.
- It, like many other devices we have seen earlier, comes with a specially designed locking switch that provides protection to the stored documents.
- It has compatibility with all SDHC and SDXC devices and works super fine with them.
- It, like the previous one, weighs just 0.2 ounces. Hence, it also is one of the lightest gadgets of this genre.
- Minimum data transfer rate is 10 MBps.
- Can perform in a wide range of temperature ranging from as less as -25° Celsius to as much as 85° Celsius.
- It also is secured by a limited warranty that lasts a lifetime.
- It is often seen not work properly when connected to non-HD devices.
These are the ten best SD cards I felt would be ideal for your camera/ camcorder. I would recommend you to go through the brands, compare them with one another and choose the one you find the most suitable for your device. Well, after reading this post if you are wondering which one I myself must be using, in that case I would be pleased to tell you that I use the 6th one from the list, i.e., Sony SBHCSF16UY2/TQ, the reason simply being my DSLR camera itself is of Sony brand I found this card most suitable one for the same in all aspects.