During my job days, I was using Outlook as an emailing solution. I got so used to it that after becoming entrepreneur I thought of syncing Gmail to Outlook. Let me tell you, it works comfortably and best part is that receiver of the email will receive your mail as coming from your Gmail address, while you are using Outlook as an application.
Last month I guided my two friends to sync Gmail and outlook, thought this may be of interest to others who have high comfort with Outlook.
Before you continue reading, Please check that you have Microsoft Office installed on your Windows based operating system. Outlook Email solution comes free with Windows original configuration.
Step by Step Guide of How to Sync Gmail with Outlook
- From start button of your computer, Go to All Programs, then click on Microsoft office and within the various office applications you will find Outlook ( I found Microsoft office Outlook 2007), since i use windows 7
- Outlook start up window, like given below would open, you need to go Next.
- Add your Gmail details, Your name will appear as mail sender’s name in the receiver’s inbox.You may leave the check box for manually configure server settings unchecked click next.
- It takes 2-3 minutes for Online configuration server settings, Go next after this step.
- Click on Next with yes option checked
- You are done with Syncing Gmail and Outlook.
For ease of use you may want to save browser on your task bar or on your desktop for which you can do the following-
From your start menu > All Programs option > Keep your cursor on Microsoft Office outlook and click right, Click on pin to task bar and from Send to >Desktop(create short cut).
This makes the display of Outlook browser right in front of on your computer, both at your task bar and desktop.
Another reason I enjoy working with this configuration of syncing Gmail to Outlook is that I can work offline. I can use the send receive option on menu bar to update my mail box, when ever i am online.
For those who are new to Outlook may want to learn about some of its basic and useful features like adding signatures or using Rules, these and many other features can enhance your experience. Watch out this space on links coming soon at this place.
Hope you found this process to Syc Gmail with Outlook easy to follow and do share your comments for the same.