Making money is everyone’s dream. Whether you are a man running a business or a student pursuing schooling, earning money makes sense. So I have compiled a list of ways to making money, specifically targeted at students. Internet has opened opportunities for students to make money online. So you don’t really need a degree. All that is required is basic level of education and some skill set.
How about if you are good at photography and if i tell you there is an opportunity to make money there as well. Many things can be done without affecting your daily education and still making a decent earning.
Can students really make money online?
Well, this is quite an obvious question. Is making money online real or just a false saying? In any case, here’s the truth: You can really make money online! The only necessity is that you have to take the right path. There are thousands of scams running around the web that promise to make you rich overnight, but they won’t.
First off, there is nothing like a cash cow that makes you rich without doing anything online. Let’s put some simple logic here, if it was so, then everyone who have heard about the same would have been millionaires by now. 🙂 So below are some awesome ways that will help reveal – How students can make money online?
Freelancing is the act of working independently or over contract. There are many websites online that students can leverage to make money. You can choose from different skills that you are good at and bid on the available projects. When the employer finds your proposal to be worth the drill, you will be assigned the task.
Some popular tasks on freelancing websites include content writing (article writing and rewriting), Logo designing & graphics and data entry. You can choose from various tasks and quote your amount for the work. Once you complete the work, your payment will be released.
Popular freelancing websites:
Important tips for beginners choosing freelancing
- Build a reputation first: Unless you have got some good reputation and reviews on your profile, there is a hard chance of getting accepted by employers. So, concentrate on your proposal. Show some proofs that will make the employer build trust on your work. For instance, if you are a good logo designer, send some of your samples to the employer.
- Connect with the employer: It is essential that you connect with your employer, preferably using an instant messenger or phone so that both can build trust with each other.
- Be careful with the funds: Just like how people earn money over these websites, there is a great chance of getting deceived. You can request for upfront payment so that you are on the safer side.
Blogging has evolved from a hobby to a profession these days. Millions of bloggers create and share posts on a plethora of themes every day. One of the reasons why the number of bloggers has skyrocketed is because of the fact that it pays off.
How a student can start out as a blogger
Many people conceptualize blogging as something that requires a great initial investment. Although it might be true to certain extents in some contexts, a student can start out as a blogger without spending a penny!
How can you earn from blogging as a student?
Well, it’s quite simple. You create a blog and post some content that’s worth reading. The best thing to do is to blog on your favorite topic. For instance, my favorite niche is technology, and that’s why I started out Technofare and I love it. 🙂 So, once you have some great content on your blog, start putting ads ( through Google adsense) and that will earn you money.
Where and how to start?
Start by using a free blogging platform. Basically two of the popular yet free blogging platforms are Blogger and WordPress. Once you create an account on any of these, you can start writing posts and share your content.
Some quick tips for student bloggers.
- Blogging will take some time to earn you money. Be patient.
- Copying others’ content is not going to help you in any way. Be unique and have your voice.
- Follow the websites which provide tons of blogging advice.
- Share your posts with others and spread the word.
Content writing for students
Content marketing has grown to be an industry now, hence content writing has put forth great opportunities for freelancers and students.
“The content marketing industry is in need of prodigious content writers now”
If you have a flair for writing, maybe you can opt-in as a content writer. One choice is to get started as a content writer on a freelancing website like what I have mentioned above. Or you can make use of other sites that particularly deal with content writing.
You can check out these websites to opt-in as a content writer, there are hundreds of other sites too, which you can explore further.
Simple quick tips for student writers to earning money:
- Always check for errors in your work. Proofread once, twice or thrice!
- You have to be flexible to work on different themes.
- Try to improve your writing and explore new words every day.
As a student you will be having a lot of free time and maybe you could simply use it to make money online. Online surveys allow you to get paid for sharing your thoughts. Like what I have mentioned initially in this post, most of the survey sites online are scams. They tend to pay you great cash but at the end you will meet trouble. Surveys are a great means for students to make money online.
Legitimate websites for online surveys
Tips for using online survey sites to earn money
- Refer your friends because that way you will earn a percentage of the money that they earn. More referrals mean more money.
- Don’t waste money on low-paying offers, try various schemes that pay the most.
- Always use a secondary email address for completing your offers or surveys.
Get paid for taking photos
If you have a craze toward taking photos, then there is a great chance for you to earn some bucks online. If you can take some good pictures that are quite pleasing for the eyes, maybe you can give it a shot.
There are hundreds of websites on which you can sell your photos. Most of them are the ones that sell stock photos. I will list some of my favorites.
Things to note while you sell photos:
- Make sure your pics are of great value. Mere pics won’t help much in earning money, you need to have a catchy subject.
- Edit the images using Adobe Lightroom.
- The quality and size of the image should be impeccable.
- Try learning photography at the same time.
There are hundreds of ways on How Students can make money online. I have only listed a bunch of them here since these are some of the popular ones. You can explore the web to find more. Anyhow you have to take a word of caution since there are tons of scams crawling around the web.
So, happy money-making!
If you know a better way of earning money, why not share it with us in the comments below?