Gmail is one of the most widely used web mail throughout the world. It is popular and one of the fastest web mails, there are some amazing features that makes Gmail popular.
One of the wonderful features of Gmail is forwarding multiple emails to one or more than one users.
Steps are really easy to follow and to add value to the process; I will also demonstrate how to create labels to show these forwards.
Steps to forward email to multiple users
1) Login to your Gmail account, In the search box at top, type the name or email address of the person whose mail you wish to forward. Then click on the little drop down button on right hand corner of search box and then on bottom of the search window click on “Create filter with this search”.
2) In the new window, click on “add forwarding address” link as shown in image below
3) Next step is to click on the “add forwarding address” button on the setting page as shown in screen shot below.
4) Enter the mail address that you want to add by clicking on “Add a forwarding address”. This can be a Google or a non Google account.
5) After adding email address it will ask for the “confirmation code” that will be send to the email id user you have added. This code is needed for verification in the settings page.
6) Then select the option “Forward a copy of incoming mail to” and click on “Save changes” at the bottom of the page. You may choose to delete the mail from your inbox or choose other options from dropdown.
7) Now follow step 1 again and click on – “create filter with this search” Next step is to click on the “Apply the label” check box and choose label or you can create a new label, then click on “Forward it” check box and choose the “Mail address” for forwarding the mails.
8) Final step is to click on the “Also apply filter to matching conversation” check box, then select “Create Filter” and your filter is created.
Using this process same email will automatically get forwarded to more than one person and you can have label for the same to check the forwarded mails.
This process of forwarding emails can be used in many situations example – You are proceeding for a holiday and your team is working on a project, you may want to forward your clients mails using this process to your team. This will make them receive these on real time basis.
When you come back to work, you may want to remove these forwards for which you can follow the process below.
Process to remove a filter – setting (wheel shaped icon on right hand side) << Settings << Forwarding/POP/IMAP Tab << Disable forwarding << save changes ( bottom of page)
I will look forward to your comment below this post on how you found the process of forwarding multiple mails in Gmail.