Feel like sharing your best quote with everyone in your mail? Or are you fed up of writing your name and designation below every mail you send? Or do you want to make your emails more professional looking, with links to your business websites and company logos attached to every one of them?
Our friend Google has found a way out for you and it calls it a “Signature”.
What is a Signature?
As stated by Google:
A signature is a bit of text (such as your contact information or a favorite quote) that’s automatically inserted at the bottom of every message you send.
Basically it gives you a method to automatically attach your basic information to every mail you send so that you don’t have to do that individually every time in each mail. This can be your company’s logo, your personal information, a farewell quote or even a photograph if you need to.
This is how your signature looks like in every mail you send.
Below we have illustrated few simple steps to create your Gmail Signature –
- Visit your Gmail: First you need to open your Gmail account in your desktop.
- Open Settings: To the top right corner of your window screen, below your account image, you will see a “Settings” icon. It looks like
Click on this button. There appears a drop down menu. Select “Settings” from that menu.
- Scroll down: In front of you now is the Settings page of your Gmail account. Make sure you are in the ‘General” category of this page and then scroll down in that screen to look for “Signature” column. In this column the ‘No Signature’ option is selected by default. What you need to do is select the other option by clicking the DOT below it.
- Type in your message: Now in this option you are provided with a block to write something. In the given block you can fill in your desired signature or required information.This could be anything you would like to share with all the people you mail.
- Gmail also provides you with an option to choose a suitable font, size, color, alignment etc.
- You can also provide Bold, Italics or Underline style and can use Bullets and Numbering also.
- Add picture, logo or link: Furthermore you can get add logos, pics and even links to your web address or your email id in your signature.
- Add Image: if you feel like adding an image or a logo to your signature Gmail provides you an option of ‘Insert Image’. Click on this icon . It asks you from where you want to upload the image. You can either directly upload an image from your computer or move it from Google Drive or from an online URL.
- Add a link: if you feel like adding your alternate Email id in your mail or direct your friends to your web address, you can do that easily by adding the link here. All you need to do is click on this option. A popup window appears on the screen looking exactly like this one.
Here in the second block provided you need to enter your Web address. Or for Email address you can select the second bubble of ‘Email Address’. In ‘Text to display’ block you may add any text that would divert you to the web address you provide in the second block. The ‘Test this link’ option helps you test your web address before updating it.
- When you reply to an email, your signature is added to the very end of the message, below the quoted text of the previous messages. However, you can change your setting so that your signature appears above the quoted text.
To change your setting, check the box next to “Insert this signature before quoted text in replies and remove the “–” line that precedes it” under the signature text box on the Settings page.
Now when all your work is done, your Signature box might look like this one –
And There You Go! You have created your signature on Gmail. Now all you need to do is scroll down the page and save the changes you have done.
And now onwards every time you send a mail, you’ll notice your signature is automatically attached below it.
You may also like to read:
- How to Create Digital Signature in Microsoft Word?
- How to Stop Spam in Gmail?
- How To Keep Your Google Contacts Up-to-Date?
So, these were the simple steps to make signature on Gmail. Did you like the article? If yes please do share. Your effort would be deeply appreciated. Also if you feel like you didn’t get anything, feel free to leave a comment below. We’ll surely revert to you.
For More Details – https://support.google.com/mail/answer/8395?hl=en