Before writing a post on this topic, I double checked on the number of people doing Google search for this. I am amazed to see there is decent count of people who are new to outlook and want to learn how to set up auto signature in outlook 2007? or for other versions.
Before I jump to easy to follow steps, let me tell you, after reading this you will be able to create your signature, insert your signature automatically and also configure it in a manner that different email id’s use different signature. Confused? Hope not.
How to insert signature in Outlook using Ribbon?
Ribbon in Microsoft office 2007 replaces tool bar, which helps to easily identify links for customizing mail client. Follow the steps below to create email signature and then insert it in outlook.
- Open new message in outlook 2007 and go to insert from the tool bar ( called as Ribbon in outlook). Look for signature in the include group option.
- After clicking on signature from the signature dropdown, you will need to click on new, like shown in image below. This new name is for you to identify the business for which you are using your particular email. I am using Technofare, which is my blog name.
- Mention the signature that you want to have. You may want to give hyperlink to your blog as part of your signature. Click on small little icon on the extreme right of the window which is open in front of you, it has a title – insert hyperlink.
- A new window opens, here we are going to use two boxes – Mention the text that you want to display on your signature in the text to display box. In the Address box mention the url that you want to use for that text, which can be your company website or blog depending upon your need.This text with link will get inserted at the point where you left your cursor on your edit signature box. Click ok when you are done.
- In the right side of signature and stationery box, you can choose to set the default signature from the new message dropdown , If you select none then no signature would come in new message. Once done click ok.
You can follow the same process for creating multiple signature in your outlook 2007 and set one as default.
Trick to insert signature in outlook 2007– Click right on your signature, it will give you options of the signature you want to select for that particular email. You can simply select the name and signature will change immediately.
Using this trick you can click on signature option and go back to change your email signature in outlook 2007.
If you find this useful, Put a comment below and also share this with your friends.
Reason for writing this post on How to add email signature in outlook 2007 is – Many time we do complex things on technology but miss on simpler things and carry on. Well enjoy using outlook 2007.