Bicycling is a passion for some, fun for many and necessity for the rest. If you love racing on your paddle-driven two-wheeler, you must have wondered at times that what was your highest or average driving speed?
To know the exact speed during rides, bicycle speedometers can help you efficiently. This device gives a quick and accurate glimpse of your bicycle’s speed. However, bicycle computers are your perfect companion for riding speed measurement and encouragement but it’s difficult to find a perfect device to match your needs.
Any wrong product may result in utter disappointments and wastage of money. To save you from this situation, I thought to share the 7 best Bicycle Speedometers and make your choice easier.
Here’s a list of those excellent bicycle computers which are most loved by their buyers. The list contains one wired speedometer and 6 wireless products. So, stop wandering around and grab a gadget which suits your budget and expectations –
CatEye Velo 9
CatEye Velo 9 is a wired bicycle computer with a considerably large screen. It can be easily operated with single button. You can fit it whether on stem or handlebar to measure highest, lowest and average speeds of your bicycle. It also measures total distance for the trip and elapsed time.
Other key features:
- Has an inbuilt clock to show time.
- The pace arrow, blinking on the screen shows the relative (positive or negative) change in your speed.
- Additionally, calorie consumption and carbon offset can also be checked on CatEye Velo 9.
- Available in black & white colors
- Box contains: 7 zip ties, 3M adhesive pad, spoke magnet, head unit, Wiring harness
- Reasonably priced, not going to to break the bank for the features it provides.
- This convenient, intuitive and easy to use device is close to accurate in showing the stats.
- Unit can be removed from outside if you need to leave your bike unattended.
- Manual has no mention whether it is water proof, while most bike computers are designed to handle rain.
- No backlight in the display, while it is easy to read display during the day.
2. Raniaco Wireless Bike computer
It is a wireless and waterproof device with LCD display to let you read the figures clearly. Multiple features of the gadget are – clock functionality, current speed rendering, elapsed time, maximum speed, covered distance, average speed, and scan mode.
Other key features:
- Backlight is green in color and can also be changed to white
- Installation takes just 10 minutes
- works as both speedometer & Odometer.
- Inside the box: Some cables, zip ties, mounting bracket, small little part used to measure speed, instruction manual, handle bar mount and bike computer unit.
- Wireless design- no cables tangling around bike.
- water proof casing – No need to worry about Raniaco bike computer on a rainy day.
- Auto shut off feature turns the battery off when not in use.
- Unit needs calibration by entering tire circumference, which is fine for many.
- some users find language conversion between Chinese & English to be difficult.
3. Outdoormaster Waterproof Cycling Speedometer
You can measure riding speed, distance, duration and temperature easily. The product requires no wiring for its installation, leaving your bicycle neat. Ease of use, 6-month warranty, and excellent customer service are some other features which excite buyers to purchase this speedometer.
- Other Features:
- Waterproof display
- Backlit display for perfect readability even in night
- 6 months warranty
- Box contains: Bike computer, sensor, bracket, bracket seat, speed magnet, rubber pads, zip ties & 2 batteries.
- Users have observed consistent readings for same journey.
- Device works well even after going on rough pavement, bumps and potholes.
- low battery indicator alarm.
- Some users observed that rubber sticky pads don’t hold zip ties well
4. Suaoki Wireless bike computer:
Be assured of the device safety as you can unmount the main unit easily and take it away. It’s a 2.4 Ghz transmission equipment.
Few good to know features:
- Speed sensor that shows whether you are going slower or faster than your average speed.
- One button on either side allows for easy operation of functions on the device
- Auto on/off function means you don’t have to worry about battery power getting wasted.
- Inside the pack: computer, mounting bracket, sensor, speed magnet, cadence magnet, 0- Ring, C2032 batteries, Rubber pads, 10 zip ties.
Computer is easy to connect, many users have bought this device to improve their cadence and device does that well. Like most speedometers, this one is also water proof. You may want to read some customer reviews about this.
You may want to learn clean way to mount Speedometer on your bike:
5. GHB Bicycle Speedometer
A significantly large display, with multiple functions to support you while riding, . It allows you to manage your journey in a better and planned manner with the valuable data it renders.
Speed (avg., maximum and current), distance, travel duration and current time can be viewed in the device very easily. Users are allowed to set the tyre circumference manually in order to get precise outcomes. Powerful battery, light-weight design, speed scale alteration, and back lights will make you love this device even more.
- Large display font of numbers
- Package includes: Bike computer, mount, magnet, sensor, plastic tie wrap, user manual, CR20132 battery.
6. Wolfride Cyclists Wireless Speedometer
Easy to operate with left and right buttons. Automatic functionality lets the automatic switch off and on the device.
Major functions of this speedometer involve speed, distance and time measurement.
- wireless and backlight display.
- Package contains – On purchasing this product, you will get a magnet, sensor, user manual, battery, mounting shoe and cable ties along with the computer unit.
7. Searon wireless bike computer:
This one is also waterproof, has two touch keys with LCD display. Packaging includes- bicycle computer, sensor, bracket, magnetic screw, 5 cable ties, pad, user manual- English & Chinese.
- LED backlight helps to see stats in dark.
- Monitors speed, distance and riding time of your bike
- Multifunction: 22 function
Few users found that setup instructions are not clear but once done, device functions well, good deal at this price.
The bicycle speedometers are not only for measuring the speed nowadays. They exhibit multiple features and characteristics, as shown through in this review. You can find out the installation instructions in the user manual.
Do you own any bicycle speedometer already? If you are going to buy one, which will it be? Did you like the 7 best speedometers we reviewed or we missed any good product?
Answer above questions to show that you enjoyed our informative and unbiased review!