How do you think your phone or tablet might last a full working day, forget having a couple of days without electric power at a stretch? Here, is where a Power Bank is an invaluable piece of help. Capable of keeping your USB powered mobile devices running up and functional, these Portable Chargers let you top up the batteries of the devices irrespective of where ever you are. Ensuring that you always stay connected round the clock, now you need not worry if you are on the road!
Power Banks comes in various shapes, sizes and some of them have ultra-high charging capacities, a quick boost to your USB powered device till you reach home is what you can use the portable charger for.
Choosing the best power bank
If you are planning to buy a Power bank for your smart phone, then you must consider some of these factors before buying it.
- Portability: You cannot really carry something bulky and then call it portable right? Pay attention to the weight and the dimensions. That is hugely important!
- Capacity: A power bank charges a Percent of its advertised capacity. So if you have picked up something which displays 10000 mAh (milli Ampere hour or milli Amp hour), trust it to generate 700mAh as the output, unless specified otherwise. So pick up your Smartphone and check how many full charge-outs you can expect from the Power Bank you are picking up. For example, if your Smartphone battery says 2000mAh, buy a Bank with atleast 2500mAh. Alternatively 4500mAh means that you can charge your phone twice. And that is exactly what you should be looking for!
Unless your smartphone is not charged effectively, it’s nothing better than a paperweight. Thanking the Power Banks enough is good but choosing the right Power Bank is nothing less than a task as well!
Firstly pick power bank depending upon the number of devices that you carry. It should have an equal number of ports. Secondly, always buy it from a trusted seller. Avoiding cheap options is suggested, unless you want to say a good bye to your beloved phone! Spending some money once on a good Power Bank, is an investment.
I have personally experienced many power banks over last few months and evaluated them on performance. Let me share the best out of the ones I tried
Best 5 Power bank for your smart phone
1) Anker 2nd Gen Astro Mini 3200mAh portable Power Bank
Suitable for your basic charging need, it is very compact and also helps in using the Smartphone in emergency situations. This is your savior if you need to make an emergency call and your Smartphone is almost dying.
- It can charge most of the saleable Smart phones at least more than once and is compatible with Samsung, Iphone and Google Nexus family as well.
- It takes around 3-4 hours to recharge completely.
- Shaped to resemble a flashlight or tube of lipstick to provide durable and inconspicuous power at any moment.
- The USB cable charger comes along with easy carrying cover.
- Comes in aluminum design (3.7 × 0.9 × 0.9in, 3.5oz).
- While this may be the best available in the market, the button to turn it on is actually not easy to press. At the same time it’s a good deal, if you keep this in bag, it will not turn on accidentally on its own.
- There is no indicator of how much battery juice is left and It may even seem to be heavier than you expected it to be simply because it is too much work load on a small and sleek design.
2) LepowPoki Ultra Slim 5000mah portable Chargerand External Battery
Known for its sleek style and extremely light weight function, Lepow currently comes in a lovely green, bright yellow and a pristine white colour. It has great battery pack technology strong portable battery charger is equipped with a high density lithium polymer battery for up to 1000 charging life cycles.
- Impressive for most of the gadget seekers, this product has a light and compact feel to it.
- Ultra slim and lightweight portable charger; 30 percent lighter than batteries of the same power capacity and the perfect travel charger.
- Smart, intelligent power pack optimally charges your iPhone, iPad, Droid and other smart device based on device intake capacity.
- The fastest portable battery charging output in the industry to quickly and safely repower your iPhone, iPad, and smart device.
- To check the remaining battery you just need to swipe your finger on the battery bar.
- To make it even convenient it does also come with a carry case to help you carry it conveniently while you are charging on the go. An elastic band provided with the cables helps to keep it untangled.
- Comes with smartphone protection. The smart Chip technology has two-way protection between the device and charger to protect your smartphone or tablet throughout the charge.
- It comes with a single port.
3) LevinTMSolstar Solar Panel Charger 5000mAh
Highly durable and lightweight, this is one of the most compact models. Resistant to rain, the rain will not spoil it. It is completely resistant to weather and can recharge itself on the sunlight effectively. So suits the most for the people who are out in the field and don’t get much time to recharge the power bank. It’s pretty sensitive to the light, as soon as it gets into light, it start charging on its own.
- It is rain-resistant &shock-proof.
- Comes with Solar energy technology, environmental friendly and can recharge itself under sunshine for emergency purpose when outside; Solstar can charge your iphone about 50% to 60% juice for emergency after being solar charged for 7 to 8hrs under normal sunlight.
- Grade A cell, Build-in 5000mAh Lithium Polymer battery which charges via a powerful 1.2W monocrystalline solar panel.
- Comes with two usb ports, so it can charge two devices simultaneously. It has a micro usb, for charging it with a wall charger.
- The LED flashlight works well in dark, especially during emergency. Just press the button twice, the LED will light up. There are 4 LED status of charge indicators that indicate the charging and discharging process.
- The package includes hook, micro USB cable.
- The different colors add to the style statement and over all the product has been rated excellent
Sleek enough to fit in the pocket, it is absolutely a delight to carry.
I could not figure out any cons in this product, other than its little bigger width.
4) Photive Bolt 9000mAh portable Charger and Power Bank
Now this is magnificent! It is water resistant and rugged and just apt for those adventure trips and treks high up in the sky. Shock proof and not damaged by dust, nothing is better than this on the go option of charging the Smartphone whenever you run out of battery.
- It even looks a bit masculine in comparison to the other delicate and sleeker models. A sturdy grip makes it resistant to slipping in dirt and grime.
- With Two USB ports, you can charge two devices at the same time.
- It does not heat up no matter how much you would end up using it and stays around room temperature.
5) EasyAcc 10000mAh Portable Power Bank
Compact and super slim, this little external battery charger is available in six grand colors. It can charge most of the common Brands of Smart phones like the Apple, Samsung, Nexus and LG, almost three times on a single run.
- The colors also make it a better looking option apart from the superb connectivity. Widely Compatible with Dual USB Ports
- An Appearance which is unique enough to make you stand apart in a crowd
- Suited to a wide array of devices and occasions
- With lithium Ion Battery, you need not worry about the battery juice now.
While all the power banks 5 power banks mentioned above are good in their own ways and suitability is purely a matter of personal choice and expectations from the device.
So the next time you buy a Smartphone buy it an extra life too! Happy Charging!