With wires hanging out from your headphones and linking it to your Mac gave the feeling of being chained to the device. It only allowed you to move a short distance from your PC depending on the length of the connecting cable. The Bluetooth headphones have changed the concept altogether allowing you to move about freely in the house without experiencing a break in the music. The good Bluetooth headphones work without any problem at a distance of even 25 feet from the Mac.
Let us take a look at some of the best Bluetooth headphones for the Mac.
1. RIF6 Bluetooth Headphones
It is a Bluetooth version 4.0 headphone. It comes with NFC Technology that is New Field Communication with built-in support APT-X and ACC sound enhancement. The headphones have a built-in double microphone. This allows for a hands-free conversation from the paired device which is Bluetooth enabled.
USP: Designer looks
Rectangular ear piece – If you are bored with the circular and oval versions this is the shape for you.
Red or Black color – The colors are shiny bright and look good on the person wearing the headphones. The color band offers nothing less than a style statement.
Fold-able design – It makes them easy to carry and occupy a little space during travel. In fact, they can be easily tucked into the carry case which is included as a part of the standard shipment.
- You can charge it by hooking it up with the available USB charging cord. It comes with Lithium Ion rechargeable batteries. After a charge, they are good enough to give you a 10-hour audio play.
- On the left, you have a touch pad for the controls. This allows you to play and pause, track forward or backward and also, set the volume.
- The ear pads for the speakers are super soft and comfortable. The cushioning results in limiting the pressure on the ears.
- The headphones give you exceptional sound quality by the use of CVC echo cancelation and DSP noise reduction. The bass and treble is well balanced.
With the headphones that you get in the market hurt you in the head if you have thin hair. This model takes care of the drawback by providing a cushioning for the top of your head also. It gives you a really comfortable feeling.
Another distinguishing feature is the auto-connect to the last connected Bluetooth device. It saves you the trouble of searching your Mac on the Bluetoothand connecting it again.
The headphones come with an Auxiliary cord in case you want to listen to the music by plugging it in and letting go the Bluetooth feature. When you use the Aux cord the controls also shift to the Mac and the touchpad volume function on the headphones does not work.
2. Skullcandy Wireless Headphones
The SkullcandyHesh 2.0 Bluetooth 4.0 wireless headphone provides an exhilarating audio experience to the user. The original Hesh was loved for its thumping bass and iconic sound quality and Hesh 2 is an upgrade over its predecessor. The supreme sound headphone comes encased in a sleek and simple aesthetic outlook. The colors available are black, camo and gray/hot lime.
USP: Long battery life
The battery life lasts 12 hours after a full charge. The charging is normally completed in 2 hours. The headphones come with a built-in battery which is not replaceable. The recharging is through the USB port in the crook of the ear pad. Once the charging is complete the indicator red light goes off.Despite the manufacturer claim of 12 hours of battery life after a recharge the users have found it to last much longer. As per the feedback from the users, the battery life is unbelievable with only a limited number of charges required in a month.
- The headphones are comfortable to wear. The speakers are housed in the circular “ear pillows.” Initially, they are a bit stiff to wear but soften with continued use.
- The headphones are sturdy with just enough adjustable points.Depending on the setting that you make they can be pretty secure while running. However, they may slide back and forth during a rigorous workout in the gym if you do not adjust them to be tight enough.
- There is a built-in mike in the headphones. The mike works on the Mac when connected via Bluetooth. All you have to do is to select Hesh2 as the mike input.
- The headphones provide a deep and rich bass with a crisp sound. However, there is no active sound canceling. The headphones only block outside noise to a certain extent. The soft touch leather seal around the ear can provide a noise isolating fit.
The headphones have a multi-function power button. It not only turns the headphones on and off, but a quick tap can pause and play the songs. The volume can be controlled by feeling and pressing the buttons shaped like + and -.
These are over the ear headphones. They may leak the music only when played at uncomfortably high volumes. So if you are accustomed to extremely loud music you can avoid the public places.
The phones are not foldable and come with a microfiber type case. You may feel some discomfortin carrying them around in full size, but the microfiber case does help. For those who want options, there is an Aux cord provided that enables the headphones to be used without wireless also.
3. LotFancy HiFi Headphones
The headphone is a Bluetooth Version 4.0 with A2DP, high fidelity playback technology. It allows for wireless connection to most Mac and other Bluetooth enabled PC laptops. Besides the PCs, it can also be connected to select iPhones and other smartphones. Pairing with the device takes about 10 seconds for the first time and subsequently it is faster at 1.5 seconds.
USP: Value for money
Good, reliable and solid headphones at an economical price. We cannot compare them to the high priced leading brands, but they definitely offer you value for money. They are comfortable to wear and provide a faithful sound reproduction.
- The headphones equipped with neodymium magnets produce a deeply enhanced bass and full range audio. The treble response is also good. The design is sound isolating and cuts off the outside noise to a great extent. The frequency response range is the entire band from 20Hz to 20 KHz. With 64 ohm impedance, the headphones give out a good sound quality.
- A lithium polymer battery powers the headphones. The charging cord is provided for recharging the battery. A recharge lasts for 5 to 6 hours of audio playback. The headphones let out a beep every minute when the battery is nearing the end of the charge. It is a good reminder in the last ten minutes of battery life to put the headphones on charging.
- The foldable headband allows for some space saving while carrying it. The adjustment in the headband provides an easy fit. The ear cups can be moved around somewhat for a comfy fit on the ears.
- The device comes with a built-in mike. However, the mike works only when the headset unit is in the mono mode.
- The Bluetooth works up to a distance of 33 feet from the Mac or the other paired device. This gives you a good coverage to move freely in the house while listening to your favorite numbers.
The volume may require some minimum setting on the Mac for the sound to come through the headphones. The minimum volume on the headphones is also slightly higher than what you directly hear from the Mac speakers.
The device comes with an auxiliary cord for plugging the headphone directly with the Mac or other devices. The auxiliary cord is about 3 feet long and does away with the Bluetooth function when used.
The headphone comes with an easy to understand user manual. The pairing instructions and use of controls like volume, stop and start are clearly explained. The HiFi headphones come in black color. Other colors are available in different variants of the headphone.
4. E-More Foldable Bluetooth Headphones
Headphones are purchased for the good sound reproduction quality. The E-More foldable elegant wireless Bluetooth headphone is a combination of sound quality with great aesthetics.
USP: Elegant foldable design and colors
With the E-More headphones, you can make a fashion statement. They not only fold beautifully into a compact piece but are also lightweight and multifunctional. They are available in stunning color combinations of gold + white, red + black and blue + white. The color choices are simply great and blend together very well. The folded headphones fit beautifully inside the included carrycase.
- The headphones come equipped with the Bluetooth version 4.0. The Bluetooth coverage is good, reaching 10 Meters (approximately 33 feet). You can easily move around in your house without getting any break in the music.
- The sound from the headphones is clear and loud. The loudspeaker makes use of the Titanium diaphragm technology. The impedance is 32 Ohms and the music just flows through the headset easily. The Bass and Treble are balanced and come out well.
- There is a built-in rechargeable Lithium battery in the headphones. The battery can be charged fully in a period of two hours by using the charging cable. The charge lasts for a good 16 hours of playback music. In other words, the charge is good enough for 2-3 days if you use your headphones for 5-8 hours a day.
- The microphone is hidden and is an omni directional one. The mike comes in quite handy when the headphones are paired with a smartphone and you have to take an incoming call.
The headphones come with an Auxiliary cable to directly plug them to you Mac while bypassing the Bluetooth. This helps you to compare the wired and unwired music performance.
People used to the sturdy and tight grips of the headphones, may find the E-More much lighter on the head. It may feel as something is amiss and you may expect the headphones to get loose during a rigorous workout or sports activity. However, it is only a matter of time before people get used to the lighter but sturdy grip.
5. Ausdom M04 Wireless Headphones
The Ausdom M04 brings you the latest Bluetooth version 4.0 headphones that have been upgraded to the New Field Communication technology or the NFC. You can pair them with your Mac, PC, Laptop or a smartphone. The NFC function allows a quick and fast connection to the NFC compatible devices. The black-red color combination and the aesthetic design give a super look to the headphones.
USP: Sound quality
The Ausdom M04 provides a superior audio experience with its full range frequency response from 20 Hz to 20KHz, with a rich bass. It makes use of the advanced 40 mm driver coupled with the Ausdom exclusive DWS stereo technology to give you a clear sound with extremely low distortion rates. The noise cancellation provided by the ear cushions is pretty good.
The sound quality is good for streaming music for a wide range of music styles like the classic, pop and hard rock.You will find the low notes to be rich and filling while the high ones are crisp and clear sounding.If you cherish the deep bass, you can enjoy it on the headphones with very clear mids and highs. The bass response is amazing in the entire audible range.
- The headphones come with a 400mah rechargeable lithium ion battery. The full recharge takes a maximum of 2 hours and can be done by using the included micro USB charging cable. The charge is good enough to give you 18 hours of audio play time. Assuming that you listen to music 5-8 hours a day, you can enjoy almost 2-3 days of music on your headphones without worrying about a recharge.
- The stretch feature allows you to set the headphone on your head while the rotatable ear blocks make the setting and placement of the headphones convenient on your ears. The headphone is an over the ear design with soft ear cushions. The headset is light in weight and good for travel and longtime use.
- The Bluetooth range allows you to listen to the music without any break when you move around inside your house. The users have tested it without a problem a distance of 25 feet from the paired Mac.
- The control buttons are mounted on the bottom of the ear units for ease of access. The volume up and down is on one side with the skip and forward/backtracking functions on the other side. The buttons are convenient to operate and you need not take the headphones off.
The 3.5mm auxiliary audio cable helps you to make a wired connection to your Mac or other devices. This allows you to listen to the music continuously without worrying about the battery recharge.
The microphone is built into the headset and allows you to listen and make calls if you are paired with your smartphone. However, the mike is sensitive and can pick up the background noise. The headphones are primarily suited for listening to music and the mike is a normal feature.
The Bluetooth headphones give you the freedom from connecting wires to your Mac and move freely in the house. However, they can be paired with other Bluetooth devices like the iPhone giving you hours of wire free music when you are moving out of the house. Many users enjoy the games on their blue tooth enabled consoles by wearing these headphones. It gives them the freedom to listen to the game sounds and background music at a good volume, without disturbing anyone in the house.