We all face the problem of the laser mouse slipping its grip on surfaces and then while working it is not really easy to remember where the mouse is going. Most of us may be accustomed to the touch pads on the laptops, but genuinely using a laser mouse for scrolling and selecting is a huge respite from the finger flipping actions and the CTRL Z that we normally have to do every time!
There is a good topic of debate that exists which is whether the mousepads are a mental block, a habit or truly a necessity? With the new generation of workers taking their work from a car seat to a café, you definitely need a good surface to get your mice rolling!
Yea! We all thought that the mousepads would be extinct like the dinosaurs and may be in much shorter time. With the positing of magazines, newspapers and plates also at times, the mouse pad was not necessarily needed! But the mouse pads have been a trendy hit in the industry with many brands providing just what you want – precision and no strain!
WE STILL HAVE PROFESSIONALS WHO FIND THAT EXTRA CUSHION IN THE LASER MOUSE PAD .WE CALL THEM MOUSE “PADS” FOR A REASON. LASER MOUSE MIGHT BE PLACED ON A GLASS DESKTOP, WOODEN SURFACE OR JUST A HUMAN CANVAS BUT THE FACT IS THAT NONE OF THEM ARE DESIGNED FOR AND LIKE THE LASER MOUSE PADS.
So do you just go to a store and pick up a mousepad? Does it need specs to match your needs?
Basically how you use the mousepad is what defines what you should buy.
1. Wrists and Movement
- If you use more of your wrist, and lesser of the hand movements, then using a smaller mousepad with a textured surface is better.
- For sensitive hands, a smother surface is definitely a better option
- For strain of the writs consider using a one that has a wrist rest
- A larger mouse pad should be used when you use your elbow instead of the wrists. In this case the surface does not matter because you are not using the surface much anyways just the elbows, to guide it around.
2. Space is another criterion
If you have too much real estate on your work desk, the choice won’t matter, but with stringy spaces, you can’t choose an option that occupies too much space.
3. Does your mousepad travel?
This is another very important factor for choosing the best mouse pad for the laser mouse. Does it go with you or do you leave it home? Or do you get to move it to different rooms at work or at home? While some mats stick to the surface, other are relatively easier to carry around. This is why you need to know how often you would move it around. Look for features like, anti-skid base and non-slip surface on the Specs part of the packing if you are looking for a mouse pad that you need to carry while travelling.
4. The MOUSEPAD has to look good too!
If you are hip and stylish, then opt for a stylish laser mousepad. While most of the choices around are black and grey and pretty bland, some others are comparatively livelier! Experimenting with creativity? Personalize your mousepad to give it the unique appeal.
The Best Mouse Pads to buy
1. Innovera Mouse Pad with Gel Wrist
The combination of the rubber surface to stick the mousepad to the surface and the lofted wrist gel pad is a deadly combination for extreme ease of use and superfine comfort. Measuring a standard of 10” X 9”, it is compatible with almost all the mice including the sharp precision laser mice as well.
- A rubber Nonskid base
- Stain and water resistant
- Soft and smooth surface
- All day support and comfort
- 1 year guarantee by the manufacturer
The large area distributes the pressure evenly, making your movements very speedy and accurate
Gamers and enthusiasts who use the Laser mouse for uninterrupted and extensive use working long hours and want strain free fingers and wrists.
2. Razer Sphex Gaming Grade Desktop Skin
This was the Razer’s first gaming grade mouse pad.
The paper thin desktop skin features multi-use adhesive which makes it a stick and remove portable laser mouse pad. This can be used on any surface .It measures around 13x10x0.1 inches which is a decent area for a user.
- Adheres to almost any surface
- Innovative adhesive to attach and remove it from a surface
- Washable with no stain feature
- Superior tracking for laser and ball mice
Extra thin and super surface to make even a nano-inch of a movement recognizable
- High grade gamers
- Photo video editors
3. SteelSeries QcK Heavy Gaming Mouse Pad
Performance gaming gear as they call it is supremely fashionable and durable and totally made for the laser mouse that you click around. More than the mousepad, the packing in which is comes is enticing. Rolled into a sleeve made of cardboard, it has all the specs and artwork needed to make this mousepad just the perfect for an all-rounder use.
- Thickness of 6mm to make it spongy and uniform even on rough surfaces
- Excellent padding an wrist support suited for long hours at work
- Cloth surface to help you beat the heat and sweaty hands
- Adaptable to use on uneven surfaces
- No real memory providing the ease of storage by rolling it up
- Foam Rubber backing to help it gives a complete surface feel even on uneven surfaces
- Children due to the comfort and ease of use
- AutoCad and graphic designers
- Audio and video editors
- Extensive IT use
4. Logitech N315 Portable Lapdesk and Cooling
Just what you need when you want to sit comfortably and surf for long hours. This is just what should be used if you know that you will be sitting and working for a long time. Considering it attaches to the laptop or the notebook, this mousepad for a laser mouse , needs no hard surface. It creates the working surface in your lap. And therefore, is the best choice for those who travel a lot.
- Reduces heat generated in the laptop or the notebook even after hours of usage
- Retractable mouse pad allowing you to wind it up when additional surface is not available
- Sleek and thin making it weightless
- Easy to carry and travel with
- Comfortable and anti slip
- Office goers
- Extensive use
Keeping in mind all of the issues that the users have come across in couple of years these companies have been testing the laser mouse pads on durability and usage to come up with perfect design for all type of users. Though the market is filled with many products to satiate your working experience, if you have tried any of the above mousepads for laser mouse, please share your experiences in the comments section to let us know how good they are.
Looking for something specific to read about in electronics and gadgets? Leave a comment and we will write about it